DIY Face Mask Recipes for Glowing Skin
Aug 4, 2021
Who doesn’t like face masks? The feeling of complete relaxation when you forget the flow of time and get rid of all the stress. Normally, we associate face masks with going to the spa. But often you don’t have the time to take a half day off or you might want to try to curtail your spending. The solution is to prepare some homemade face masks for skin.
There are so many options when it comes to creating a DIY face mask for glowing skin. The best part — all the ingredients you need you probably already have in your kitchen. Budget-friendly and full of goodness, what’s not to love?
When you create your own DIY face mask, you know and control all the vitamins and minerals that go into it. Lemons and oranges bring vitamin C, avocados have Vitamins E and A, bananas are full of calcium and potassium, and so on. It also generally feels good to give your skin a break from different lab-made chemicals.
Let’s go over some easy-to-make options for face mask recipes that will leave you feeling rejuvenated and your skin looking beautiful.
Turmeric Face Mask DIY Recipe
Mixing honey and turmeric together gives you anti-inflammatory benefits and skin-brightening properties. It’s also very easy to make:
1. Combine one teaspoon of turmeric and one tablespoon of honey until it’s well-blended together
2. Apply your mask to a clear, dry face and leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes
3. Rinse the mask off with warm water
4. Finish your routine with a moisturizer
DIY Honey Face Mask
Honey is a near universal DIY face mask ingredient. Its natural antibacterial properties help it do wonders for acne-prone skin. Another effective acne-treatment ingredient is nutritional yeast, which is full of vitamin B that soothes your skin and prevents breakouts.
Here’s how to make a honey-yeast DIY face mask:
1. Use two tea bags to brew a cup of chamomile tea and let it cool
2. Meanwhile, mix together one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of nutritional yeast
3. Start slowly adding the chamomile tea to create a thick paste that you’d be able to use as a face mask, but avoid making it too watery
4. Apply the mixture on your face as a mask and keep on for about 20 minutes
5. Rinse the mask off and moisturize your face
DIY Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado
When you feel like your skin has been dry for a while and you need a face mask recipe with some hydrating properties, look no further than adding avocado into the mix.
Avocados are full of omega-3 fatty acids that assist the moisturizing process. Some additional olive oil will help you seal the skin as well. Finish off with honey and yogurt for extra skin softness.
For the best hydrating mask:
1. Mash one avocado
2. Add two tablespoon of plain yogurt
3. Add one tablespoon of olive oil
4. Add one tablespoon of honey
5. Mix everything well together
6. Apply for 15 to 20 minutes
7. Rinse well, especially around the hairline
DIY Peel Off Face Mask
If you’re looking for some exfoliating purposes, akin to a scrub, yogurt is a great ingredient to use to achieve smooth and supple skin. Due to its lactic acid, yogurt makes an instant difference by lifting away old skin cells.
Let’s make a twist on the honey-turmeric face mask described above by adding yogurt to it. Honey adds elasticity to your skin and turmeric helps combat pigmentation:
1. In a small bowl, add one tablespoon of plain yogurt
2. Add one tablespoon of honey
3. Add one tablespoon of turmeric
4. Mix well together
5. Apply and leave on for just about 10 minutes
Juice Cleansing Mask
You can use dried berry powder to make wonderful, natural face masks as well. Strawberries and blueberries are a great way to start:
1. Add two tablespoons of dried strawberry powder and two tablespoons of dried blueberry powder
2. Add two tablespoons of coconut milk powder
3. Mix everything together and store in a tightly sealed container in the freezer
4. Activate the mixture by adding just a little bit of water and stir to achieve paste-like consistency
5. Apply the mask for 10 minutes or so
6. Rinse with warm water and don’t forget to moisturize
There you go, five natural DIY face mask recipes to get you started. Improve the quality of your skin, save time and spend less with this new home-beautifying routine. The best part, you can experiment by adding any other natural ingredients you like — just try!